Friday, August 7, 2015

Foiled again...yet another stop in Holyhead to sort out troubles...

Well, I have come to terms that the engines on the boat are worthless.  That said, I am still committed to the journey.  I am looking for another engine and mount which will cost about $5000 dollars and now I am not going to make it back in time for my job to start which is unfair to the children, and certainly a blow to my bank account, as I won't be earning from my jobs.   I could abort the mission and just leave $50,000 behind which is what I have put into this trip VIA credit, or I could be late getting back and hope there are no more problems once I sort these out...  I need power to run the auto pilot, and to get water, flush the toilet, charge the GPS, and run the night navigation lights...
I am running out of credit, and realistically I could take out some more debt, but the whole point of this excercise was to save money and get out of the hood, (and yes to do something to inspire those who have lost their way, and for those who cannot do for themselves).  So, I am going to try my best to move forward without leaving the boat behind, after all it is my new home...
I will keep you all posted and hopefully we will get Blue Belle back out sailing again as soon as next week.  The weather is perfect for getting out of here now, but I really shouldn't leave without my steering re-strung, the engines at least both working, and an auxiliary engine as a back up, and some sort of alternative power source be it solar, or wind, or both....

No comments:

Post a Comment