Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sorting out VAT, and on our way...

 
We are leaving Conwy, North Wales tomorrow.  I expected the delay, but it doesn't make it any easier.  Having Willie With me will be a good thing I believe.  He is an invaluable asset for anyone, and has a great heart to serve others.  He really has the mind, heart, and love of Christ Jesus.  He is a gruff man, who is very disciplined and rigid in his stance, but very kind hearted and full of the Joy of the Lord, which is his strength.  I met Willie about 1993 in Peterhead, Scotland with a dear friend and Spiritual Father Arthur Burt.  I was just coming back from Russia as a Missionary, and the UK was a real culture shock for me.  I needed a translator to understand Willie back then.  but even in 1993, not knowing me or anything other than Uncle Arthur had brought me he took me in, took me to meetings, fed me, and was such a blessing to me.  AMAZING.  Fast forward 25 years, I have seen him off and on and his lovely wife Eileen, watched his children go from little to serving in the Royal Services.... Its amazing really when I stop to consider this side trip to Wales just how much I have been helped, blessed, and have a real Christian family because of the fellowship in PenmaenMawr, North Wales.  
I have made two meetings at the fellowship in Bron Wendon, been with Steve and Dawn for dinner, had three meals with Mike and Rachel, (who I really connected with back in the day...) and though I didn't get to see Joe, I trust all is well with he and his...  These folks knew me, loved me, and helped me when no one else even remembered my name.  They welcomed and embraced me in the worst of states with Alchoholism, etc... and loved me through it.  Uncle Arthur on more than one occasion passed great distances, to minister the Love of God to me.  For that I am eternally Loyal and forever grateful.  So now once again, after the April 2011 Convention I had a vision of sailing a sail boat right to the Oasis, (the convention center) and to start my circumnavigation of the globe... and do you know that is exactly how it happened, and rather than go it alone, which is almost an impossibility, Willie said without any prodding that he would join, and that he wanted to join.  I am so grateful.  You can't think this stuff up:-) 
Well, so now tomorrow we are departing Conwy, Marina around 10:00AM.  Blue belle still needs a piece of artificial turf mat to go and mentally be able to do her business, but when the urge is there she does eventually go.  She is so needed.  I would not want to do this trip without her.  she is amazing.  I am so grateful for her.  She is now going to be the focus of the videos and the places.  cannot wait to showcase her to the world.  well, here we go.  I am on the train right now.  We are leaving tomorrow from the UK so I went to the airport to turn in my VAT papers.  I wanted more back, but something beats nothing.. Ill get about 285 pounds back which is a lot of money... but keeping in mind I spent 500 pounds yesterday to get the engines running the way they are supposed to, seems a little bit of a joy killer.  So I am on the train back from Manchester Airport where I began this journey over 1 month ago,  now I have about a month to get back to the USVI, and I am not sure that is feasible.  we have only sailed 200 miles of an almost 6000 mile journey..  at 6 MPH sailing straight through with no stops is only 4,320 miles.  I need to face the fact that I am not going to get back in time to be responsible and restart my job on time, but I am still hopeful.  After all, I don't want to be there unless I have a boat on the water to live on.  Water will be an issue, and electric, and gas, etc... but I am up for the challenge and happy to be a part. 
Well, here we go:-)  Are you excited?  I am ... I am wondering how it all is coming together, but I am praying for no more engine trouble, no more pain, no more delays, and no more suffering.  I  refuse to believe that a boat is a wooden hole in which all your money goes.  I also refuse to believe the two happiest days of a mans life are the day he buys his boat and the day he sells it.... FOR ME, MY BEST DAYS ARE STILL AHEAD!  I AM GOING TO ENJOY EVERY DAY WITH MY BOAT.  AFTER THE TEETHING PROBLEMS ARE SORTED OUT IT IS GOING TO PAY HANDSOMELY AND I AM GOING TO SAVE, SAVE, SAVE...  OH BOY, THE JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME BEGINS NOW. 
Well, thank you for sharing and hope to hear from you in the comments section soon.  Please also remember to visit our gofundme page if you are so inclined to support us.
 
 
Also check out our videos on Youtube.:-)
 
All the best and brightest for you and yours. 
PS- I only got back about 1/4 of the VAT I paid...  but the story is yet to be told...  Hopefully we can sort it all out....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment