Sunday, November 29, 2015

A friends question answered. What do you do in port?

Mainly pick up the pieces from what has gone wrong out at sea.  We visit people, and speak to them, I share my faith as the door opens, I find a good church, I enjoy the natural beauty of the place I arrive, and blue belle and I inevitably go for long walks and runs.  This takes all our effort.  And there also is usually some days of serious rest as being at sea is a hard life and when you do make it to port, you just want to rest after getting rid of the cabin fever with a long walk or run.
I must say though, I have only made minimum stops; because I must get back to St. Thomas where I was supposed to be in September.  It is critical that I reach there as soon as possible, so I have only stopped when absolutely necessary ... We have passed up hundreds of opportunities to stop and sight see and visit the people....  The last leg of our trip put me at Sea for Two weeks.  Three of those days I was adrift trying to rig the steering to work again... We managed to get it going again and then I came on here to La Palma.  We would have gone to Tenerife, but I wanted to arrive in a port with daylight, as they can be very tricky to navigate...  
To finish, I will say: in port, most time and energy are spent on solving problems with the boat, and trying to figure out how to go to the next point....  While on the U.K. I was taken 
advantage of quite a bit and when I left there, I was literally broke... So the rest of the journey has been entirely by faith.  Which in itself is good spiritual excercise, but doesn't excuse the shady dealings that were done to me there in the U.K.  It is terrible to think about these experiences, and not worth it to talking about to the support and encouragement of those following me on the journey.  However, I must admit there wrongs hurt, and if I can help someone else not have to go through the pain and suffering I had to go through.... (It was horrific)...  Enough said about that... I forgive in Jesus name.  God will vindicate, he will repay...from Largs, to Holyhead and all places betwixt and between...He sees it all...to be sure, most time and energy at this point is spent on figuring out a way to get to the next stop and home...
Check out the photos on the blog, YouTube channel, and help if you can on my go fund me page...
Or reach out to me on Skype:  langce1 or by skype phone by calling (617)340-7868
www.babybluebelle1.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/my_videos

No comments:

Post a Comment